A few years ago we started building work on our own family home and really struggled to find short-term accommodation or even flexible caravan rentals. After calling every campsite and caravan rental company in our local area we decided to purchase a caravan ourselves. However, even though we love modern technology, we didn’t like the look of the modern caravans. After a few weeks of research we stumbled across a vintage caravan restoration workshop and fell in love with ‘Matilda’ an old, run down and unusable Cheltenham Springbok caravan born in 1964.
Our love and passion for ‘All Things’ vintage and the lack of flexible family accommodation in our local area got us thinking and the Vintage Caravan Hotel was born. It took almost a year to get the idea off the ground and after making many amendments and careful considerations what families need and want we were finally able to take Matilda home and give her a new lease of life.
Inside Matilda you’ll find:
- Triple bunk beds for children where the bottom bunk converts into a safe baby and toddler cot.
- A comfy kingsize bed with memory foam mattress topper for the grown-ups that can be converted into a dinette area for cosy meal times.
- Toilet room with luxurious electric flush toilet, spacious vanity cabinet for all your holiday toiletries, sink and water tap.
- The modern kitchenette is fully stocked with plates, glasses, mugs, cutlery, pans and pots. As well as a 2- ring gas cooker, fridge, kitchen, sink and running water.
- Ample storage for clothes and holiday essentials.
- 240 volt electrics and subtle LED lighting.
- We can provide an electric heater on request.
- Beautiful duvets, comfy pillows and warm baby sleeping bags will be provided.
We hope everyone that stays in our beautiful Vintage Caravan Hotel will love it as much as we do.
This certainly is boutique caravanning at its best creating memories for a life time.